Applications such as VMware virtual machines or VitualBox really popular, but is there a related application that is much more "light" and opensource? A single option that we suggest is to use Qemu that initially only be run on a UNIX operating program platform (Linux). But this time, Qemu has developed a version that can also run on Windows operating program platform.
At this time I will show you some methods how to use Qemu to set up Mikrotik operating program (Linux distro) to study the network. Right here are the methods:
- Download the most current package and install Qemu Manager.
- Run Qemu manager. To type a new virtual machine to virtual operating technique will be installed. Click the Plus sign (Generate New VM). In the Wizard New Virtual Machine dialog box, sort the name of the identifier for the new virtual machine, leave the other alternatives. Select the kind of operating program platforms in the field of Operating Systems. Click the Next button.
- Determine the allocation of RAM memory sizes to be employed by the new virtual machine in the Memory Size. Also specify the size of the allocation of space on the new difficult drive in Disk Size Image. Click the Subsequent button.
- Click the Finish button. The new virtual machine as a "container" that you set up the operating program will soon be formed.
- Subsequent, please adjust some settings. In the Virtual Machine, highlight the name of the virtual machine. Open the Hardware tab. Click on the Network Card.
- If you want the virtual machine also has a connection to the network, in the dialog box Network card choose Variety = VLAN TAP Networking. Click the Select button on the TAP network adapter.
- In the dialog box Tap Network Adapter, click the Plus sign.
- Then in the dialog box TAP Qemu Manager Installer Setup, click the Set up button.
- If a warning box seems, click Continue Anyway button.
- Back to the virtual machine settings, open the Drive tab. Click a row in the CD ROM.
- If we want to set up the operating program from the current ISO file in difficult disk, click on the colon. Point to the ISO file on your tough drive, then click Open and OK.
- If you want to install the operating method from CD / DVD, click Use Physical Drive, and then point to CD ROM drive / DVD and click the OK button.
- Back to the virtual machine settings, still in the Drives tab. Click a row in the Boot Order. If you want to install a new operating method from CD / DVD ROM, spot the drive is at the top, then click the OK button.
- When every little thing is ready, click the Play arrow button (Launch Chosen VM) at the top of the screen.
- The new operating program began to be installed into the virtual machine you designed.
- Following installation of the operating method into a virtual machine is full, remove the CD / DVD from the CD / DVD ROM drive and turn off the virtual machine with the click Stop Selected VM. If a warning box appears, click Yes.
- Rerun the virtual machine that has been completed installed.
- The virtual machine is completed and ready for use.
To download Qemu for Windows and more information about Qemu please pay a visit to this web site:  http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/index.html
Hopefully this post helpful.
Title: Steps for Creating a Virtual Machine with Qemu
Rating: 910109 Votes
Rating: 910109 Votes
Posted by: Admin Updated at: 12:08 AM